Online Marketing Strategies
Marketers are aware that their customers and prospects are savvier, more social and this has changed how they make their buying decisions. Cold calling is over.
Customers have made up their mind before even talking to sales people. This has created challenge to meet your sales goal and perform business profitably. Online Marketing Strategies is the key to success for both brick and mortar and online businesses. Internet marketing requires knowledge of web design, user experience, responsive websites, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), blogs, emails, web analytics and more.
The steps below will help to create an effective online marketing strategy.
Effective Online Presence
Effective online presence is related to communicating about your business very precisely to prospects, customers and partners through online channels. You tell your customers who you are, what you do, and how you do it. It is about the value proposition you have for them. Online presence can be made effective using brands (Logos, websites, emails, etc.). Communicating precise message using brand develops brand affinity with your prospects and customers.
There is a huge theory on the brand building process. I would like to share with you Keller’s Brand Equity Pyramid below.
The most effective online marketing strategy is the call-to-action. Engage your prospects and customers with your online presence and the content you share. This will motivate them to take the action on your website either to download the content, fill up the online forms or reach out to you via email.
Research your competitors
Research your competitors online. Website is a great source to know about their business, marketing strategy and their customers. Identify their key strengths and weaknesses based on the information available online. Studying your competitors is a great way to learn and implement the strategies that will work in your business.
Perform Market Research
Identify the market segments based on your product and service offerings. For example, are you in the niche product segment or competitive product segment? Choose your ideal consumer based on how their needs and wants are met by your products and service offerings. Segment your audience based on demographic in order to target it with your strategy. Focus your online marketing strategy and budget to target your ideal prospects.
Create and launch a multi-faceted online marketing strategy
In order to increase your brand recognition you should launch several marketing campaigns at once. The following marketing strategies may be helpful to you:
- Build social media presence by creating Facebook fan-page, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. Replicate your brand on these sites. Share content on regular basis to keep the sites active and engaged. Also, look for the options to sponsor your social sites to right audience.
- Author articles, posts and blogs. They help towards SEO. Use the keywords related to your products and services. They help your website to show up on the first page of the search results. Another way to do SEO is your website content. The tags in your HTML file like headers, meta work very effectively to organize the content for SEO.
- Create videos of your product features and how-tos. Also create videos of success stories and your leader’s passion about company’s products. You can launch these videos via your website, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or other places and have call-to-action link that will direct audience to website for more details.
- Buy Leads based on your target audience segment and plan email communication strategy. Establish cadence of communication based on customers interest and response.
- Publish your ads on sites that cater to your market. Communicate your brand image, videos or other product info on banner ads, Google search ads, Adwords ads, etc.
Set up tracking capabilities for all of your campaigns
Create a campaign for each facet of your strategy and track them. You will have various tracking tools available based on the technology you are using to create your online marketing strategy. The best I would recommend is Google Analytics for your website. You can generate reports, measure and analyze the best return on investment (ROI) for different campaigns and make insightful decisions to further enhance your online marketing strategy for better results.
Hope this is helpful for now.
Would love to hear more from you!